The Advantages of Foam Filled Tyres
Foam filled tyres are usually created through foam filling whereby pneumatic tyres are filled with a polyurethane liquid that eventually solidifies to give the tyres a synthetic rubber core.
If you happen to use your forklift for construction work where your forklift tyres are likely to be punctured due to sharp objects or nails then foam filled tyres are definitely worth checking out.
I have to mention that they are a great alternative to solid tyres and come with many advantages.
Advantages of Foam Filled Tyres
- They will save you from downtime usually experienced when it comes to using pneumatic tyres in external or construction environments due to punctures.
- They give the forklift operators an easy time when it comes to manoeuvring the forklift in rough environments thereby increasing their efficiency.
- They add more weight to the forklift making it more stable during operation. This can go a long way in safeguarding the safety of the forklift operator, especially in rough and bumpy terrains.
- The consistency in their air pressure when done to manufacturer's recommendation guarantees more predictable results as they offer more of a consistent performance.
- They will reduce your cost of operation as they do not need regular maintenance compared to pneumatic tyres a fact that also makes them long-lasting.
Clearly foam filled tyres are more helpful in external environments. They will save you a ton of maintenance costs, offer more stability, and less downtime. Although you should be aware that they can cause damage to the rims and offer much less traction compared to the pneumatic tyres.
Contact us today for more information on our services!